Friday, July 2, 2010

Tiredness and funny experiences

Hello again!

So one of the guys on the trip had a bird shit on him in the beginning of the trip and we have not let him live it down ever since. Another friend of mine was walking and a homeless man randomly spit on my friends leg. The homeless man followed up with saying, "who done that?... not me," (in a slow awkward voice). My friend didn't even wipe the spit off of his leg. Ha ha. You had to be there. Also, I trip at least 5 times a day because of uneven sidewalks. It's just ridiculous.

Anyway, we are about 4 and a half weeks into the trip now and I am feeling the lack of sleep and constant busyness catching up to me. I have been attempting to train for another marathon that I am doing with my sister this fall and it is getting harder and harder to find motivation to run when I am walking at least 3 to 6 miles on top of that and touring so many different places. My feet are always sore and dirty. We went to St. Paul's Cathedral and Westminster Abbey today. It was quite claustrophobic walking to the top of St. Paul's in VERY small spaces but totally worth it to see the view. Anyway, it's late but I will write more soon. Tomorrow I'll try to tell you the differences that I have noticed so far. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment